Welcome to the community center for hackers + thinkers.
Hacker Dojo is an ideal place to find vibrant new startups while they are still in early development. Since opening our doors in 2009, a number of startups that began at the Dojo have become phenomenally successful. Among the startups from this community you will find:
- Pinterest: Pinterest used Hacker Dojo as their primary workspace in late 2009, and hired both of their first two engineers from the Dojo's membership.
- Wedding Party App. Wedding Party App grew out of another startup idea and picked up an additional member from the Dojo's community. They raised over $1M in funding and have a ton of awards.
- Disconnect, One of our few B corps, a privacy extension which helps prevent 3rd party sites from tracking you. It was founded at the Dojo.
Additionally, the following startups and projects at the Dojo were so immediately successful that they did not need funding. They represent some of the successful money-making projects which could have come to market sooner with investment involvement:
- Word Lens: the iPhone app which translates text on signs from one language to another.
- The system which became the new Hasbro iPhone-based lazer-tag system.
-- Octavio Good of WordLens
-- Jacob Lyles of Game Closure
Hacker Dojo is an ideal place for firms and individuals looking to find the next big thing in Silicon Valley, and a sponsorship is one of the most economical ways to get a firm's name and passion for true innovation out to this community.
News of your support of the Dojo will reach
- Our 400+ members
- Our 9000+ monthly unique website visitors
- Our 6000+ Twitter followers
- Our 4000+ "Likes" on Facebook
- Our 800+ external mailing list members
Questions? Interested? Email email@example.com