Welcome to the community center for hackers + thinkers.
Whether you're a member or a friend, there are many ways you can be involved in the Hacker Dojo community.
Upcoming Community Events
- Member Dinner. Weds, Nov 13, at 7pm in the LER. Join us for a holiday feast! There will be: turkey, baked ham, mashed potatoes, turkey stuffing, turkey gravy, cranberry sauce, dinner rolls, glazed carrots, Caesar salad, and more. Please note that this event is for Hacker Dojo members only, and that no advance registration is required- just show up and have fun. If you could help by bringing a dessert to share, that would be wonderful.
- PBW. Weds, November 13, 2013 at 7:30pm. Take a look and see what we'll be voting on.
- Member Meeting: State of the Dojo. Weds, November 13 immediately following PBW in the Large Event Room.
- For a full list of Hacker Dojo events, please read our events calendar.
Every Friday starting at 7pm Hacker Dojo hosts a Happy Hour. All are welcome and encouraged to attend! If you are already a member this is a great time to get to know your fellow co-workers, or if you're just interested in stopping by then Happy Hour is a fantastic way to get a feel for the community. BYOB, bring some food, or bring a few bucks for the box.
Member Policy (PBW) and State of the Dojo Meetings
These two meetings are held back to back every second Wednesday of the month starting at 7:30pm. Policy meetings (also known as Policy Bear Wrestling or PBW Meetings) are when new policies written by the members are voted in or out by those present. The State of the Dojo meetings are held directly after Policy meetings and include slides covering operations updates, house announcements, and more.
- Long Term Items: There are a number of supplies that are always welcome to be dropped off during the hours of 8am until 10pm. If you cannot find someone to help you find where they go, please just leave them on the front desk with a note stating they are a donation. If you'd like, include your contact information- we would like to thank everyone who contributes to our space.
- duct tape, scotch tape, gaff tape, blue painting tape
- copy paper (white, 8.5"x11")
- clorox™ wipes, swiffer™ dusters
- dry erase markers, pens and pencils
- toilet paper
- food & beverage
- Tiffany lamps (gently used is fine) -- floor and desk
- See more listed at the donations page on the wiki.
- Short Term Items: With the recent expansion, we are in need of a number of large items. Please check with email@example.com before bringing anything in to ensure someone will be in to help facilitate dropping items off.
There are many projects and ways you can help sponsor Hacker Dojo. We've recently opened a Mobile Lab and are looking for donations of new phones and chargers that go with them. If you represent a Bay Area corporation looking to extend your brand or hire engineers, please get in touch to discuss sponsorship packages. For information about sponsoring City code improvements, please read more about becoming an official sponsor of Hacker Dojo here.
Hacker Dojo runs almost completely due to the awesomeness of volunteers just like you! If you want to volunteer to help the Dojo, please email firstname.lastname@example.org Please mention if:
- You are comfortable with Python on GAE
- You have the capacity to swing a hammer, wield a power drill and do light construction work in a team, or the willingness to learn
- You will help us paint the walls, or you're willing to learn
- You have a background in professional writing, either grant or corporate communications
- You have access to a pickup truck and are willing to help the Dojo haul stuff. We especially need people with ID stating they live in Mountain View or Sunnyvale so they can bring things to the recycling centers.
- You are a lawyer, architect, electrician, CPA, or other certified professional and willing to lend those skills (even in an advisory role)
- You have an interest in design/media/marketing work
- You have another awesome skill you think the Dojo could use!
Most of the Dojo's internal systems, from the keys and locks to the events registration system, are open-source projects made from loving contributors. If you want to contribute, talk to us on email@example.com or pull a fork of https://github.com/hackerdojo to fix a bug.